Thursday, March 22, 2007

Back in LA





I returned to Los Angeles on the 14th of March after stumbling around Lake Tahoe on my crutches. I set up an appointment at Cedars Sinai Hospital with an Orthopedic Surgeon. After he tested my knee, he sent me to an MRI that concluded the following:
I have a complete mid-substance rupture of my ACL in my right knee, and have damage done to the Meniscus in my right and left knees.

So, surgery is in order to reconstruct my ACL. As there are no fibers intact, the surgeons will have to rebuild my ACL. Option one is to use a cadaver ACL. Yet, with a cadaver ACL, my body can reject it as something foreign, so there is risk of that not working. The best option seems to be to rebuild the ACL using my own tissue from my Patella and Tibia. That way, my body will not reject it and there is no risk of blook poisoning, which could happen from the cadaver tissue.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And yet not one gash on his pretty face. Lucky sonofa... :)